Sean Conway has been described as Britain’s answer to Forrest Gump for his love of setting himself seemingly insurmountable endurance challenges: he’s cycled around the world – with a fractured spine; was the first person to swim from Land’s End, on the UK’s south-west coast, to John O’Groats, in Scotland – via Ireland! And has recently completed a 4200 mile ultra-triathlon around the coast of Great Britain which he described as the ‘toughest 85 days of my life’. Off the Ropes? You bet!
- Why Shaun felt despondent & depressed with his career as a photographer.
- Why he sold his business shares for just £1 & walked away into a future unknown.
- Material success versus fulfilment & purpose.
- Sean’s meaning of happiness.
- How he dreamed up the idea of cycling around the world with no money.
- Why a fractured spine didn’t deter him from completing his round the world cycle.
- How he became the first person to swim from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
- The story behind the beard!
- How he uses others’ doubt and his fear of failure to fuel his adventures.
- Why he chose to cycle, run and swim 4200 miles around Britain in the ‘ultimate triathlon’.
- What unexpected difficulties occurred.
- What the challenges taught him about his capabilities.
- How he found his life purpose.
- Why we should set ourselves enormous challenges.
Subscribe and never miss a show!
Cycling the Earth: A Life-changing Race Around the World by Sean Conway
Land’s End to John O’Groats: The ride that started it all by Sean Conway
Enjoyed today’s podcast episode?
If so, please share your thoughts in the comments below. And if you’d like to hear weekly inspirational conversations from some of the world’s top performers, sign-up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Can you support our quest to reach more ears worldwide and encourage as many people as possible to live off the ropes; a life lived optimally, despite obstacles and free from restraint? A simple share via the social media icons, or a review on iTunes would be very much appreciated.
Keep seeking friends; the truth is out there!