Pacific rower, Natalia Cohen, will inspire you to seek more, do more and be more. One member of the Coxless Crew – a team of 6 super adventurous women who rowed 9000 miles across the Pacific Ocean in a 29ft boat called Doris, Natalia oozes positivity, enthusiasm and tenacity. Skills which were thoroughly tested when the planned 6 month voyage became 9 months due to unforeseen technical difficulties and petulant weather.
Hear Natalia enthusiastically describe her magnificent voyage, how she cultivated the mental strength & resilience needed to spend 9 months at sea, how she overcame difficulties with team-mates, what she enjoyed most about being so isolated from land and society, and why she feels we all have our own Pacific Ocean to cross.
- What circumstances in Natalia’s life prompted the Pacific row.
- Why having no previous rowing experience didn’t faze Natalia.
- The objectives of the Pacific row.
- Doris – the 7th team member.
- How Natalia felt first stepping aboard Doris & why she didn’t want her family present.
- On coping with fear, especially when swimming!
- A typical day at sea.
- PES (performance enhancing strategies) practised aboard.
- Food, drinks and toilet arrangements!
- Team dynamics.
- Applying lessons learned at sea to daily life.
- The benefits of discovering people’s ‘hot buttons’.
- Coping with the frustrations of things not going to plan.
- The highlights of the voyage.
- The two Guinness World Records.
- The people who inspire Natalia.
- How she felt once the challenge was complete.
Subscribe and never miss a show!
All is Lost (Film)
Ps. The lovely people at the Adventure Travel Show are offering Off the Ropes podcast listeners a 40% discount on tickets for their weekend of talks, seminars & workshops on all things adventure & travel to be held at London’s Olympia 21-22nd January 2017.
Visit www.adventureshow.com to buy tickets & enter ‘offtheropes’ to claim your discount.
Podcast guests Sean Conway, Laura Bingham, Masha Gordon, Dave Cornthwaite, Natalia Cohen & Nathan Millward will be speaking, & we’ll be there too, so be great to say hello!
Today’s Off the Ropes episode whetted your appetite for adventure? Have a listen to these:
Prefer your inspiration on the page? Have a read of our most recent posts:
If you enjoyed today’s show, you should subscribe to our bi-weekly non-spammy newsletter. Look out for Wise Words Wednesday (accessible not waffly advice on how to live optimally) & Friday’s notification of our latest podcast episode. Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign-up (we pinkie promise not to flog your email address to rogue overseas’ agents eager to sell you their counterfeit wares).
Can you support our quest to reach more ears worldwide and encourage as many people as possible to live off the ropes; a life lived optimally, despite obstacles and free from restraint? A simple share via the social media icons, or a review on iTunes would be very much appreciated.
Victoria & Stu xx