Liv Williams, adventurer, film-maker and author, joins Victoria on the Off the Ropes podcast to discuss her beautiful and thought-provoking new book, ‘Chasing the Elements’ which explores the mind-set, heart and soul of extreme sports people from the world of BMX, surfing, free-diving, skate-boarding, free-running and more!
Liv radiates wisdom and compassion and will leave you wondering why you’re here and how your life can impact the world. Hear Liv describe her adventurous childhood, her struggles with choosing the right career path, how she coped with stress and fear whilst documentary making in Iraq and Nepal, and how her path led her to peeking into the minds of some of the world’s most inspiring extreme sports’ stars!
- Liv’s idyllic childhood in Wales.
- The quest of finding identity.
- Difficulty in choosing a career path.
- Liv’s passion for the outdoors.
- Documentary making in conflict zones.
- Why Liv doesn’t experience fear.
- The importance of embracing vulnerability.
- The benefits of connecting with nature.
- Why she wanted to delve into the ‘heart and soul’ of extreme sports.
- What commonality she identified in the athletes & performers she interviewed.
- How her experiences have changed her.
Subscribe and never miss a show!
Today’s Off the Ropes episode whetted your appetite for adventure? Have a listen to these:
Pacific Ocean rower and 2 x Guinness World Record holder, Natalia Cohen
James Wallman, author of ‘Stuffocation. Living More with Less’
Everest climber, round-the-world cyclist & ocean rower, James Ketchell
Prefer your inspiration on the page? Have a read of our most recent posts:
If you enjoyed today’s show, you should subscribe to our bi-weekly non-spammy newsletter. Look out for Wise Words Wednesday (accessible not waffly advice on how to live optimally) & Friday’s notification of our latest podcast episode. Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign-up (we pinkie promise not to flog your email address to rogue overseas’ agents eager to sell you their counterfeit wares).
Can you support our quest to reach more ears worldwide and encourage as many people as possible to live off the ropes; a life lived optimally, despite obstacles and free from restraint? A simple share via the social media icons, or a review on iTunes would be very much appreciated.
Victoria & Stu xx