How does it feel to sky-dive onto a moving car? To land on top of a hot air balloon? Or, sky-dive with the world’s smallest parachute? Find out in this week’s Off the Ropes Podcast with multiple Guinness World Record holder, aerial stunt-man and sky-diving pro, Ernesto Gainza. A man who knows exactly how to live off the ropes!
- Moving to England from Venezuela.
- How a fortuitous job working on a ferry lead Ernesto to sky-diving.
- How it feels to jump out of a plane!
- Why Ernesto wanted to sky-dive with the world’s smallest parachute.
- How to mentally prepare for such a challenge.
- Why world records are merely a pleasant aside to Ernesto’s career.
- Ernesto’s pre-jump rituals.
- How sky-diving has strengthened his courage and resilience.
- How to deal with those who underestimate your potential.
- Why Ernesto pursues such a risky career, despite seeing others die.
- What sky-diving has taught him about life.
- Why he wanted to jump onto a hot air balloon!
- How it feels to land on a moving car!
- How family feel about his pursuits.
- The importance of pursuing goals for happiness.
- Sky-diving in Everest.
- How Ernesto relaxes.
Subscribe and never miss a show!
Enjoyed today’s show?
If extreme adventure is your bag, have a listen to these other awesome Off the Ropes Podcast guests:
Sean Conway – Swam, cycled, and ran around the coast of Britain.
Wim Hof – Climbed Everest in just his shorts!
Miles Daisher – The world’s most prolific Red Bull BASE jumper.
James Ketchell – Everest climber, Atlantic rower and round the world cyclist.
If you’d like to hear weekly inspirational conversations from some of the world’s top performers, sign-up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Can you support our quest to reach more ears worldwide and encourage as many people as possible to live off the ropes; a life lived optimally, despite obstacles and free from restraint? A simple share via the social media icons, or a review on iTunes would be very much appreciated.