If you spotted an advert in your Sunday paper, seeking volunteers to trek to the North Pole, would you apply? Ann Daniels certainly did, despite having absolutely no expedition experience, or outdoor skills of any kind. On a whim, she replied to the advert, was selected, against the odds, and embarked on the all-female record-breaking expedition to the North Pole. An appetite fully whetted, Ann later became one of the first women in history to trek to the South and North Pole.
Hear Ann so descriptively portray the beauty of the North Pole; how she survived the incomprehensible temperature of -58 degrees; and how she finally discovered what she was really made of when on the brink of death.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why being a single-mother of toddler triplets didn’t deter Ann from her achieving her extraordinary feats.
- How a tenacious and unrelenting mind-set secured two world records.
- How imagination can help overcome hardship.
- Why Ann plans to lead a team of individuals with former mental health issues to the North Pole.
- How our day-to-day activities at home are changing the landscape of the North Pole.
- How to go to the toilet in -58 degrees!
Subscribe and never miss a show!
Follow Ann Daniels on Twitter
Oh, look, you read to the bottom. Thank you! If you like this episode, please leave a comment below, or share with your friends via the social icons beneath. And if you’d like to receive weekly words of inspiration, as well as hear from fascinating guests who’ve overcome adversity to achieve greatness, sign-up and join our gang (keep going to the bottom of this page and you’ll see the sign-up form).
*Pinky promise not to spam you with Ray-Ban knock-offs, Viagra or other such nonsense.